EU Representative according to GDPR
Your company has its registered office outside of the European Union? Yet it provides products and services to the people in the EU and/or systematically monitors their behavior? Then the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you and you must appoint a representative in the EU.
By appointing us as your EU representative you will benefit from the experience we have gathered over more than 15 years in the data protection field, solid knowledge of European data protection law and a transparent fixed monthly payment plan. On the behalf of your company our consultants will communicate efficiently with your European data subjects and cooperate effectively with the EU data protection supervisory authorities.
Tasks of an EU representative
The representative is the contact point for EU supervisory authorities and the people in the EU whose personal data have been or will be processed by your company. The primary tasks of an EU representative are:
- responding to any inquiries data protection authorities or data subjects may have concerning data processing;
- receiving legal documents for the company as an authorized agent and maintaining records of processing activities;
- providing data processing records on request of supervising authorities and
- being subject to enforcement proceedings, should the company be not compliant with the regulation.
We’re glad to assist you as your EU Representative.
Contact us for a free initial consultation.
Difference between EU Representative and External DPO
The role and duties of the Representative differ from those of the External Data Protection Officer (DPO).
The External DPO is an independant consultant who is designated, where applicable, to inform and advice the company if the obligations persuant to the GDPR and has to monitor compliance with it. Special professional qualifications are required of him to perform these tasks. Learn more about our External DPO services.
The EU Representative, on the other hand, is the person designated, where applicable, to represent companies that are not based in the EU regarding their obligations under the GDPR company’s. Therefore, this role is a contact point for European authorities and affected individuals for all questions concerning processing of users’ personal data. According to the GDPR, the representative does not have to possess any special qualifications. Nevertheless, it is advisable for the representative to have a sound knowledge of data protection law in the EU and the member states in which his client is active.
We’ll gladly walk you through the requirements of GDPR. Get in contact with us to learn more.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Free initial consultation
- Registering a special postal address for your company
- Creating a separate company e-mail address for enquiries from your data subjects and supervisory authorities
- Keeping a record of processing activities of the company
- Contact point for affected parties and supervisory authorities
- Review and processing of 10 inquiries from data subjects and authorities
- Consulting management and staff members responsible for data protection in your company
EU Representative for a non-EU company€199
In our package offer we provide all technical and organizational prerequisites to represent your company vis-à-vis affected parties and supervisory authorities. With our own team and an extensive partner network, we can respond to enquiries from all European markets in the respective national language.
TALK TO EXPERTS
For the free initial consultation, you can request an appointment using the buttons below. In order to prepare for the consultation meeting, we will ask you to answer a few questions in advance. The more detailed your answers are, the better we can evaluate and discuss your individual situation with you.